- Refrain from touching the treated area for 3-4 hours. After this time, when you wash the area, do so gently and pat it dry very softly with a soft towel. Do not rub the treated area for 48 hours.
- Avoid hot baths and hot showers.
- Remain upright for 4 hours and avoid excessive bending during this time.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first night.
- Do exercise the treated muscles by tensing them and relaxing them for the first hour after treatment as this helps the Botulinum Toxin get absorbed quicker into the muscles.
- When applying make-up or moisturiser, use dabbing motions instead of rubbing or spreading for the first day.
- Do not wear tight caps not headbands.
- Botulinum Toxin takes from 2 to 14 days to become effective. This is dependant on the strength of the muscles injected and the individual response.
- Do not have any facial treatments that may promote ‘tracking’ of the treatment to neighbouring areas, for 7 days.
Do not fly within the first 24 hours.
Dermal Filler Aftercare
- Expect bruising that in most cases will take 3-5 days to resolve but in some cases can take 2-3 weeks to resolve.
- Tenderness and discomfort is to be expected use a painkiller such as Paracetamol if required.
- Refrain from touching the treated area for the next 3-4 hours to reduce the risk of infection.
- Expect swelling that in most cases will take 48-72 hrs to resolve but in some cases will take up to 2 weeks to resolve.
- Avoid alcohol for at least the next 48 hours.
- Avoid sunbathing, sunbeds and intense heat for the next week.
- Lightly massage any areas that feel more dense or uneven.
- Avoid exercise for at least the next 48 hours.
- Be vigilant for signs of infection (redness, pain, warmth to touch), signs of an allergic reaction, (difficulty breathing, swelling, itching) or vascular occlusion (pain/sensitivity to touch, colour changes such as paleness or duskiness, mottling of the skin or blisters emerging in the area).
Skin Treatments Aftercare
- Refrain from touching the face and skin for the next 6 hours.
- Consider purchasing home care products to complement the result.
- Expect redness, skin tightness and skin peeling. Use a moisturiser and do not pick at skin or flaking.
- Consider a course of treatment for a more significant result.
- Avoid the sun and use UV protection for at least 2 weeks post-treatment if you are exposed to UK sunlight in spring/summer months.